This year’s Live & Local at the Underground event by Yelp was one that just couldn’t be missed. With the list of local vendors that would be there giving out samples and all to benefit the Behailu Academy, it was going to be one of the biggest parties of the year. I requested an RSVP and smiled ear to ear when I got the approval that I was in! I parked in the new parking garage across the street from the Underground (one of Charlotte’s newest music venues) but it was nice to know Cruise Carts was there to give event-goers rides from farther parking spaces if needed. One of my friends got to grab a ride with them! When we walked in, there was a convenient table for raffle entry and then it was on to the sampling booths. The event stage was decorated with the prettiest gold letter balloons, too!
Here’s just a few of my favorite vendors there that were giving out samples!
- My go to hot dog peeps, JJs Red Hots
- Street Spice who I tried for the first time here (note: the plantains were perfectly cooked, the spice was BAM, and the mac and cheese was out of this world)
- The Oinker, the food truck of The Improper Pig who I also tried for the first time and loved!
- Cannizzaro sauce was Heaven in my mouth. I am a huge Italian food fan, sincerely believing I could live off of pasta alone.
- Fran’s Filling Station was doling out delicious meatballs.
- Cupcrazed Cakery had a table full of mouth-watering sweets
- Coaltranes Char Grill had this amazing chicken with homemade salsa rojo sauce that I’m literally still drooling over.
I could go on and on about all the awesome vendors/food/drinks! Overall, this event was a blast and I’m looking forward to next year’s already! The ShutterBooth was one of the best parts because we got this keepsake to remember it by!
(left to right: @finickylady, @uptowngirlclt, @seenkid101, @ourcitynowclt)
If you couldn’t make the event but would still like to donate to the non-profit group chosen for this event, click here**